Monday, July 4, 2005

Yesterday was probably in the top 10 of best days ever. Here's why:

1. I got to see two friends I haven't seen in a while, but we had so much fun it was like we'd never been apart.
2. We spent three hours in Cracker Barrel talking. The conversation was interesting and got quite lively, but I don't think details are necessary. Suffice it to say we all left with things to think about. (And I'm pretty sure we annoyed the Cracker Barrel staff because we occupied a table for 3 hours, but finished eating in about 30 minutes.)
3. I laughed more yesterday than I have laughed in YEARS. Seriously, if laughter caused weight loss, I'd weigh 80 pounds.
4. We went bowling, and even though we had to wear the shoes without socks because we didn't want to pay $3 to buy some, it didn't matter because we had fun. (Hopefully we won't develop some sort of fungus. Ew.)
5. We reminisced. Very fun.
6. Starbucks was visited, and that just makes all things wonderful.
7. We played Scattergories, and I kicked butt. I have never lost a game of Scattergories. Any takers?
8. We had moments of silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable, it was just cozy.
9. We covered pretty much every part of Memphis in our travels.
10. I think we ended up spending about 10 hours together, but I could have spent 10 more and not been sick of the company. That is the mark of good friendship.

I love holidays. I love friends. I love life. I love Jesus, who loved me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!