Well, my poor car just can't get a break. Yesterday when Elizabeth and I were coming back from Knoxville, I noticed one of my tires was low, so I put air in it. Well, this morning when I went outside to leave for work, it was completely flat. So I called AAA, and they said someone would be there "within the hour." (I called at 7:30). An hour and a half later they still hadn't come, I was late for work and just sitting in my car reading a book, when our next-door neighbor passes me while edging his yard. He asks me if I need help, and when I told him the situation, he changed it for me! Of course, he had barely begun when the AAA guy showed up, but my neighbor just finished it. He was super nice and helpful, and I was so grateful he took the time to get a little dirty and change my tire. So that's 2 neighbors I've met in the past 2 days, and all because of my car. Go figure. I sure am thankful for the kindness of strangers, though!
By the way, Elizabeth and I had a lot of fun spending about 12 hours together. And she bought me lunch when it totally should have been the other way around! We are going to have so much fun living together. We officially have an apartment to move into in Knoxville, and I set my move-in date for August 4. It's so exciting to think about having our own place! I can't wait!!
Only 3 and a half days of work left!!! Woohoo!!!!! (I'm not excited much, though.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!