Sunday, July 31, 2005

This morning was my last as a Sunday School teacher. I made picture frames for my girls and put the picture we took at Easter in it, and then I printed out a poem I wrote on this cute paper and also brought those yummy pink frosted cookies with sprinkles. I didn't have a planned lesson; I just spoke from my heart and let them know how much I love them and shared with them some things I want them to remember as they get older and grow in Christ. They said they would miss me, and you know, I actually believed them. :)

I don't know that I have much else to say about camp. It was weird being an adult and not a camper, but also kind of nice. I didn't expect to really get a lot out of the services and stuff, but they had Bible studies for the adults that were really good, and the camp pastor gave some really awesome, God-honoring messages. If not for the rather cramped living conditions (18 girls in one room that was about 1 1/2 times the size of my bedroom, which is not that big), it would have been a perfect week. I really enjoyed spending time on the beach and hanging out with the girls. There are some pretty cool gals in the youth group, and it was great getting to know some of them.

What wasn't great is coming home with loads of laundry to do, all of my possessions to pack, and 594 messages in my junk mail folder. Yay. I really hate packing, and I have so much of it to do, so I haven't done anything besides the three boxes I packed before I left for camp. I guess I should do that now. (Or maybe I'll go delete all that infernal junk mail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!