The good news: I made it to Seattle in one piece.
The bad news: They lost my luggage. All I have right now are 4 books, my iPod, some makeup, and some $7 pajamas I bought last night at Wal-Mart to sleep in. Please pray that they find my luggage! I REALLY can't afford to buy all new clothes, and I had about 8 days' worth of clothing packed. Ugh! The thing that stinks about this (besides the colossal inconvenience) is the fact that I had a wonderful time flying here. I finished reading Captivating, and it really opened my eyes to some things, and on the last of my 3 flights (no wonder they lost my luggage!) I just spent the whole time watching the mountains pass by and worshiping God. It was such a sweet, intimate time, and then I got off the plane and spent 2 hours in the airport trying to hunt down my luggage to no avail, and then I get my rental car, and it's going to cost me almost $200 to rent it for 2 days! I think I cried about a gallon of tears last night, but I've calmed down today and have recognized this as an attack from Satan, and I will not let him get me down! My God is BIG enough to handle something as small as luggage. Please pray!
P.S. I am almost positive Amy Grant was on my flight from Nashville to Minneapolis/St. Paul. I was reading, and once when I looked up, I saw her standing in the aisle up in first class, and she was shaking someone's hand and signing something. If it wasn't her, it had to have been her twin because it looked just like her!
EDIT: About 30 minutes after I wrote this, the airline called and told me they found my luggage, and I now I have it safely in my possession! Praise the Lord! I am SO relieved! Thanks for praying.
In typical Seattle fashion, it's raining, but it's so gorgeous here that I don't even care. I have been driving around kind of exploring, and it's just glorious. I am so excited! And tomorrow my dear friend Becca is getting married, and it's going to be so lovely! I love weddings!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!