Yay for business computers! My dad has a laptop that he uses at home when he's on call, and so I can get on the computer! I'm only on here to post something I promised Daniel and Tommy I would. Last night at church Daniel was talking about quiet times and studying the Bible, and I read this list of questions that I use a lot that help focus my time spent in the Word. They're from a book called Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney (excellent book, by the way), and the book basically outlines several different spiritual disciplines and ways to practically carry them out. In the chapter on Bible study, he gives this list of questions to use, and I've found them to be extremely helpful.
Application Questions
Does this text reveal something I should:
1. believe about God?
2. praise or thank or trust God for?
3. pray about for myself or others?
4. have a new attitude about?
5. make a decision about?
6. do for the sake of Christ, others, or myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!