Sunday, April 24, 2005

Wow, I think everyone on my subscriptions list updated yesterday or today, since it took me forever to read through all of the new posts. Usually there's only a handful to read through, so it was fun! (Those of you who haven't updated, get with the program!)

I just got back from looking at houses with my parents. I think it would be fun to be a real estate agent, except for when it would be really stressful. My parents got a contract on their house on Friday, and we have to be out by the end of May, so they needed to find a house pretty soon. Just 20 minutes ago they made an offer on a house that I pretty much picked, which is exciting. They had seen every house in Bartlett that met their criteria, some more than once, and it took my going and picking one to help them decide. I'm so indispensable, I don't know what they're going to do when I leave. (Okay, so I wasn't completely responsible for picking this house, but I was the deciding vote. That's good enough.)

I have to admit that even though originally I was not very excited about this whole moving idea, I'm warming up to it. It will be fun to go shopping with my mom to pick out furniture and help her decorate, and I'm so glad we'll be moving before I leave so I can help them out. It made me excited about having my own house someday, and I was surprised by how decisive I was about things. I tend to be rather wishy-washy when it comes to making decisions, but with most of the houses we went to I was able to decide pretty quickly whether they should remain in contention or be crossed off the list. That gave me hope for when it does come time to buy my home, and hopefully I'll be able to be just as decisive.

Anyway, not much else to report except that it's April and I'm wearing a sweatshirt. I like winter weather, but only during winter months. And I want to wear my flip flops, by golly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!