Saturday, April 9, 2005

He Will Provide

Well, the sleepover was kind of disappointing. I was hoping for a lot of girls to show up, but only 4 did. Apparently, I chose a bad night, b/c 3 of the girls couldn't come b/c they had Bible Drill this morning and their parents didn't want them staying up late, which is completely understandable. Still, I had a lot of fun with the girls that were there. They were a lot tamer than I expected; after all, I've had them in my Sunday School class and I know how hyper they can be, but they weren't all that hyper. We watched The Princess Diaries and played Uno Attack and Mad Gab, and then the one girl who ended up actually staying up late wanted to watch Saved by the Bell, so we watched three episodes. (I'm not ashamed to admit that I have seasons one and two on DVD and really want seasons three and four b/c that's when Zack and Kelly break up while Jessie and Slater are lip-singing to "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You." Gotta love it!)

In other news, I would just like to say that I have really seen God being my Jehovah Jireh lately (that's Hebrew for "The Lord who provides"). First with graduate school and the assistantship, and now with a roommate! I'd been praying a lot about my living situation in Knoxville. At first I wanted to live by myself, but then I realized that 1)It's going to be hard enough being in a new place without coming home to an empty apartment and 2)It's cheaper to get a 2-bedroom and split costs than get a 1-bedroom. So then I started thinking about getting a roommate, but I was more than a little apprehensive about ending up with some random person b/c what if she was a druggie or a big party person or something? (So that's a bit extreme, but I tend to skip over realistic and jump right to extreme.) Anyway, last week I was talking to my friend David about the whole roommate thing, and he told me about someone he knew who was transferring to UT from Union. So he gave her my email address, and she emailed me the very next day, and we exchanged a couple more emails and agreed to meet today at the Starbucks in Jackson to discuss things. So I went, and it was so GREAT!! We ended up talking for about two hours, and we totally clicked and we looked at some apartment options and made plans to go see some separately and then compare notes, and I am just super excited! It's just so thrilling to see the way God is putting all of the pieces into place for me to go to graduate school and fulfill my dream of being a professor! It's so easy for me to be negative a lot of the time, but I just want to praise Him for the way He's always been faithful even when I've been unfaithful or doubted His provision. I encourage all of you reading this to really consider how much God has done for you and then take the time to thank Him for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!