Well, it's over! I stayed up until 2 last night studying then woke up at 6 this morning and studied some more, and then around 8:30 I just threw my notebook across the room and decided that if I didn't know it by then, I wasn't going to. So I went into the test feeling like I was going to throw up but ready to be done with it. It ended up being somewhat manageable; I could answer all of the questions on the first page and was feeling pretty good about myself until I turned the page over. There were the questions I didn't know. I knew they were hiding somewhere. But overall I feel like I did well enough to manage a B, and a B is good, right? (I keep telling myself that.)
Anyway, now I just have to worry about my Old English midterm on Tuesday, which is an entirely different monster, but the material is a bit more accessible, so I'm not going to get so worked up about it. I really can't afford to. I was thinking this morning as I was driving to school that I really have to get a grip, or I will not make it through graduate school with my sanity. I won't make it through graduate school period. I'm going to have to change my way of thinking, get a thicker skin, and deal with life as it comes. I have to. And the only way I can do that is to rely on God, realize that my worth is not wrapped up in how well or poorly I do in school, and remember that He has a purpose for my life that will be more than I could ever imagine. I think this will be the battle I fight for a good part of my life because no matter how much I think I've already learned this things, something comes along to shake my world, and I realize I know nothing.
Now I'm off to watch Fever Pitch, which I've already seen but wanted to see again. I also rented Braveheart and Benny and Joon. So many people love Braveheart, and I've never seen it, so I thought it was about time. We'll see if I like it. I was supposed to go to a dinner party tonight, but I took a nap and ended up sleeping through part of it. Oops. My lack of sleep finally caught up with me it seems. Have a lovely evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!