Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Post-its: A Tribute


Stephen and I made a trip to Office Max yesterday, and he received a firsthand glimpse into my fixation on office supplies. Seeing those rows of pens, those stacks of notebooks, those beautiful Post-its, and those wonderful storage containers gives me joy I can only call weird but persistent. While in the store I was trying to decide which office supply would be my favorite, and I've come up with my top 5 must-have office supplies that are both fun and functional--all that the perfect office supply should be.

5. A white-out pen (Not only can you correct errors, you can use it to label things!)
4. Paper clips (The multi-colored ones are the most fun)
3. A stapler (hearing that "click" as staple meets paper is oddly satisfying)
2. A good gel pen (I love the Pilot G-2)
1. Post-its (My mother-in-law gave me Post-its and gel pens last Christmas, thereby solidifying her place forever in my heart.)

In honor of my number one office supply, the Post-it, I offer this poetic tribute:

O delightfully sticky pad of goodness,
how I revel in your many hues,
adore your reliable adhesive power
and your willingness to travel
from office to home, from planner to wall.
O Post-it, thou shelter of memory,
forever may my desk be graced by your presence.

3 comments:

  1. i love sharpies. and the silver ones are good for labeling dark things.and i have post it notes all over the place nathan says they are love notes in his lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching poem. Maybe your next one could be about drinking from a straw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poetic tribute to post-its! You know, at the company I work for, we go to a training to get our Franklin Covey Planners...where we are warned NOT to use post-it notes because they are not permanent and you can lose information easily. However, I'm a rebel. Just walk in my office and you'll see!

    ReplyDelete

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!