Why can't 1/5 of Americans locate the U.S. on a world map? According to Miss Teen South Carolina, it's because they don't have maps. Watch the video, and note her use of "the Iraq" as a phrase. At least she didn't win.
Perhaps an IQ test should be required before entering these pageants...
I am from SC (bring on the jokes) and realize that she possibly just fumbled it. However, I think she would've been better off just saying "World Peace".
This is pitiful! She didn't even answer the question! She had no clue! I agree with what Steven said...she'll go on to sign modeling deals and everyone will forget that she didn't have a clue! I wonder if she even knows what U.S. stands for?!!!!
The sad thing is. She isn't the only one that would have fumbled over this question. She just gets to be the punch line of jokes for a while.
ReplyDeleteBut you watch, She'll go on to sign a lucrative deal to pose in a magazine and everyone will forget.
That...is the sad part about it all.
Perhaps an IQ test should be required before entering these pageants...
ReplyDeleteI am from SC (bring on the jokes) and realize that she possibly just fumbled it. However, I think she would've been better off just saying "World Peace".
What in the heck? No wonder Europeans think we're stupid.
ReplyDeleteThis girl is a mess. My second graders could have given a better answer. "The Iraq" is sad. Very very sad.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first heard about this I thought it was a joke.
I wish it were a joke. It's humiliating.
ReplyDeleteSeriously? 20% of American's can't find their own country on a map? Um...that's sad. way sad. crocidile-tears sad. le sigh.
ReplyDeleteThis is pitiful! She didn't even answer the question! She had no clue! I agree with what Steven said...she'll go on to sign modeling deals and everyone will forget that she didn't have a clue! I wonder if she even knows what U.S. stands for?!!!!
ReplyDelete