Monday, January 31, 2011

Showered with Love

This past week I was blessed to have two different baby showers given for Charlotte.  The first one was on Thursday night and was given by some sweet ladies from Humboldt that have dinner together once a month, and I've been fortunate enough to tag along on these dinners.  We had the shower at O'Charley's and had such a blast!  (And the waiter gave me a free caramel pie for dessert.  Score!)

 




On Friday night I drove to Memphis to stay the night at my parent's house because my mom's coworkers (who are like one big family) were throwing me a shower on Saturday morning.  I cannot even BELIEVE how many great presents we got for Charlotte.  And what's even better is that some of my aunts from out of town came, as did my sister-in-law and her mom, and my two best friends from college.  It was a wonderful shower!





The surprise of the shower came at the end, when my mom told me I had to close my eyes while they brought out one more present.  I opened them (after what seemed like FOREVER) and saw this:


This cradle has quite the history.  My Uncle Oliver MADE it for me when I was a baby, so both my brother and I slept in it.  My parents kept it all these years.  They showed it to me months ago because they thought I could use it, but it was definitely showing its age.  They talked about restoring it at the time but then didn't bring it up again, so I didn't think much about it.  Turns out they cleaned and refinished it, and then my Aunt Zonia made the bumpers out of the crib sheets that match the bedding in the nursery!  I was completely surprised and moved to tears.  We already have the cradle set up in our room, ready to be used! 



When we got everything from the shower unloaded, here is what Charlotte's room looked like:

 
I am completely overwhelmed by all the people in our lives who want to bless us as we prepare for Charlotte's arrival.  I can't wait for her to be here so she can see just how loved she is! 

I hope all of you had a great weekend as well!

7 comments:

  1. The cradle and all they did to fix it up for you is such a great gift, one you'll cherish for a long time.

    Isn't it great to get stuff for the baby? Fun! And then as Charlotte grows, family keeps doing it because they love buying all the adorable clothes, and it never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! She is indeed one blessed baby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cradle is so precious! how wonderful to already see how much Charlotte is loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cradle is so pretty!! that is such a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting, and I LOVE the cradle. I am so sentimental about these things. You will love having it and having her so close to you. (Don't be surprised if she likes to sleep in a bouncy seat at first... she might like the way it hugs her body close...)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! That cradle is awesome :) So glad you are feeling blessed- can't wait to see Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!