Wednesday, September 8, 2010

15 1/2 Weeks

I had another check-up at the doctor today, and we got to hear Baby Mount's heartbeat again (142 bpm)! Baby Mount is now the size of an apple and apparently is quite active because he/she moved around quite a bit both this time and the last time the technician was trying to find the heartbeat. It is just so amazing that technology allows us to hear things like a baby's heartbeat while the baby is still in the womb. I met with a new doctor today, and he was really great and helpful. All in all, it was a quick visit: we were out of there in about 30 minutes!

In just four weeks we get to find out whether we're having a boy or girl! (You can still vote on what you think the baby will be by going here.) I cannot wait to find out. The ultrasound is at 8:30 on October 6, so we will find out first thing in the morning, and I know I probably won't be able to sleep well the night before because I'll be so excited.

I still don't feel too pregnant yet, though I've gained 8 pounds and I'm going to need maternity pants or something with an elastic waist VERY soon. :)

Now that we're only 4 weeks from knowing the gender of the baby, we need to make some progress on picking a boy's name. We are pretty settled on a girl's name but are really having trouble with a boy's name. Any suggestions??

6 comments:

  1. My favorite boy name is Cruz....other than that, I'm not so helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the name Caden for a boy, but it won't work for us because of our last name. :)

    Other cute boy names: Tristan, Noah, Walker, Graham, Malachi, Sebastian, Gideon, Seth, Fisher, Brody, Brayden

    (I worked at a daycare before my publishing gig and got to hear all kinds of cute [and crazy!] kids' names. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Caleb, Luke, Marcus and Stephen. I'm also a fan of naming boys with family middle names (like after the father or grandfather). ~ L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, is the Heather that commented the Heather who is married to Tyson, brother of my friend Trae? I promise Heather, I am not stalking you!

    Boys names: Well, I like several, but they are ones I would want to use for my boy (yeah, if that ever happens)...but I'm willing to share: Judah, Luke, and my new favorite is Owen. I.love.Owen. I don't know why, but I do...But Owen Johnson sounds kinds stupid, doesn't it? Owen Mount sounds dang cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, yes, that's Heather Cadenhead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Thomas is cute... And Isaac (Ike) and Oliver (Ollie). BUt what can I say, I'm a huge fan of nicknames, hence my little Doobie bear. Do you have any cool family names you could use?

    Hey, on another note, I had to make my blog private for awhile. If you still care to read, I can "invite" you. Just send me your email address. Mine is epearlkeene@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!