Monday, August 23, 2010

13 Weeks!

Baby Mount is now 13 weeks old, which means I am entering the last week of my first trimester! Woohoo! In honor of this, I'm posting a little survey I stole from Karli (who looks AMAZING at 19 weeks!).

How big is the baby? Baby Mount is now almost 3 inches long and the size of a medium shrimp. This is the first week in a while that has not compared Baby to a piece of fruit. Hehe.

Weight gain? Umm, next question, please.

Stretch Marks?
Not yet, but they are inevitable because I have residual stretch marks from when I was much heavier.

Maternity Clothes? Not yet, but I think they will be coming very soon. I am still wearing all of my regular clothes, but my pants are definitely getting snug and won’t last much longer, I’m guessing.

Sleep? If I could sleep 10 hours a night, I would. I have had a lot of trouble falling asleep some nights, and then I feel all out of sorts the next morning. It’s frustrating.

Best Moment of the Week?
Stephen’s parents came to town for a quick trip, and it was fun to see them. I also went to a baby shower for one of my friends, and knowing that I will soon have a little one made it all the more exciting!

Food Cravings? Zaxby’s and anything sweet, especially cake or ice cream. Danger, danger!

Name? We are totally stuck on a boy’s name, but we really like the name Charlotte if it’s a girl.

Movement? It’s too early for me to feel any movement, but I can’t wait until I can!

What I Miss? I can’t really think of anything that I miss. I’m just so grateful for this pregnancy!

Fun Fact? Baby Mount has fingernails now! And if the baby is a girl, she will already have over 2 million eggs in her ovaries! Isn’t that crazy??

4 comments:

  1. two words for the pants situation:
    Bella Band
    http://www.doulashop.com/bella-band/index6.html?gclid=CIqdo7yb0KMCFeI55wodPiA9wQ

    so amazing! they have a knock-off at our target store too, but couldnt find it on their website. love this! still use it sometimes too, for things i cant quite fit back into yet.

    love the name charlotte as well!
    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Nick and I have a girls' name all picked out, but we can't decide on a boys either. Of course, since I'm not pregnant, we have time, I think, lol. ~ L

    ReplyDelete
  3. The target version of the belly band is completely fine, I wear mine just about every day! Just wear it over your unbuttoned pants. It has also allowed me to wear my currently too-big maternity pants, but I'm guessing you don't have any of those lying around since you don't have another child. ;) But if you did want to go ahead and stock up for the future, a belly band could help you start wearing them sooner (and will also be very useful post-pregnancy!)

    It's funny that girl names are coming more easily to you, Zach and I seem to have no trouble with boy names but girl names are so tough! We've just dropped the name discussion until our ultrasound in a few weeks, though, it will make it easier when we know for sure. But I think Charlotte Mount is a fabulous name for a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte Mount sounds amazing...like she would be some awesome famous cellist or folk singer or pulitzer-prize winning author...isn't it fun to think of what your child coule be?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!