Today I signed up for my second 5k! It’s benefiting the local YMCA, and it’s on Saturday. I was a little hesitant to sign up for one that comes up so quickly, but I think I am ready for it. I’ve been running steadily since my last 5k, so it should be easy, right? :) I would LOVE to beat my previous time of 34:19, but I also feel a little nervous about making that a specific goal because I don’t want to be disappointed if it doesn’t happen. That’s lame, I know. I just know that my speed hasn’t increased much, if at all, so I don’t know if I can beat that time or not. For now my goal is to finish it under 36:00. I will walk through the water stations because running through them just caused me to choke on the water last time, but I am hoping to run the rest of it. I don't know anything about the course, so if it's hilly that may change, but I am just going to have fun.
I also think I am going to run in the Memphis Race for the Cure at the end of the month. I have friends whose relatives have been affected by breast cancer, and so I am glad to have the chance to run for such a worthy cause. Last year I wanted to do it but knew there was no way I could run a 5k. This year I know I can because I already have!
Now all that's left to do is put together the perfect playlist for my 5k on Saturday! I will definitely post an update after the race.
Way to go!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteCan you share your playlist with us?
Erin, awesome about the 5k!!!! I want your playlist too...
ReplyDeleteAnd I just awarded you a blogging award, so you have to head over to my blog and check it out so you can pass it on!
sounds fun! can't wait to read about it!
ReplyDelete