Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm a Little Apprehensive...

..about the reading load for my Victorian novel class. We're reading 11, yes 11 novels, 4 of which are over 900 pages EACH. How in the world am I going to keep up with the reading and have any semblance of a life? The answer is, I don't think I will have any semblance of a life. (I'm sure poor Stephen is already mourning the loss of our treasured phone time.) The good thing about this class: the professor is hilarious. He has this really great witty sense of humor, which you definitely need when you're reading something as dull as Dickens. Don't get me wrong, I know Dickens is a literary genius, yada yada yada, but he was so darn verbose! And he sold thousands of books during a time when people were still using candles to read by if they didn't have the money to have a lot of windows in their homes. I can't imagine reading Bleak House by candlelight. I think I would have to take up knitting or something instead. Wouldn't that be sad. I was going to sit down and figure out exactly how many pages I'll be reading for this one class, but then I decided that a) this would depress me, and b) my time would perhaps be better spent actually reading said books. Oh well. Farewell, life, it was fun while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!