Sunday, March 12, 2006

I Was Right!

My longtime readers will recall a question I posed almost a year ago:  Can a man and a woman be "just friends" and nothing more?  The question sparked quite an interesting debate, and even though some say it's possible, I remain firmly in the "it's highly unlikely" camp.  I don't think that persons of the opposite sex can be friends without one or the both of them developing some sort of attraction/interest in the other that will end up complicating the friendship.  And now my friends at Reader's Digest agree with me.  In this month's issue, columnist Jean Marie Laskas, a regular contributor to my most favoritest of magazines, answers "life's 25 toughest questions."  One of these questions is "Can a man and woman ever just be friends?"  Her answer:  "For a short time perhaps.  Making the friendship last requires that you find each other at least vaguely repulsive.  Good luck!" 


Thoughts?  Discuss amongst yourselves!  I'm off to dye my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!