Thursday, May 16, 2013

Weigh-In Thursday: Truth Beyond the Scale

Last week's weight: 173.6
This week's weight: 174.6
GAIN of 1 pound 

I meant to post this yesterday, but after I got home from church and choir practice, I was too tired. (Apparently I am now 60 years old.) I am not surprised by these results, although I confess that before I got on the scale I hoped this would be one of those weeks where I would see a loss even though I had not put forth the effort to earn one. Alas, that was not to be, and I gained a pound. The major contributing factor to this gain? The weekend. We traveled; it was Mother's Day; we ate zoo food, etc, etc. I had a wonderful time, though, and I got back to tracking on Monday.

I have to admit that the gain definitely deflated me a bit. I have only been actively trying to lose weight for 2 weeks, and already I have seen a gain. I found myself tempted to quickly spiral down into complete dejection. But I stopped, and I looked myself in the mirror and said, "This does not change who you are. God does not love you any less." Cheesy though that may seem, it helped. It reminded me that the number on the scale does not determine my worth. It reminded me that I am loved not because of what the scale says but because of what God says. He delights in me.

I'll take the truth of God's Word over a number on a scale any day.

3 comments:

  1. It probably won't last. Drink lots of water and flush it! I'm trying to lose weight too. I have lost about 15 lbs in 5 months. Down from 200 to 185. It's going slowly but at least its going!

    ReplyDelete

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!