Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sometimes the Little Things Make a Big Difference

Back when I was 261 pounds, I hardly EVER wore skirts or dresses. The reason? I hated my legs, and I especially hated the way my thighs would rub together whenever I walked in a skirt or dress. After a few hours of that, my inner thighs would be red and irritated. Wearing skirts just wasn't worth it.

However, now I've been wearing skirts more and more recently, mainly because I've gotten over some of my dislike of my legs and because it's just too hot to wear pants! Today when I was walking to my car on my lunch break, I realized something:

MY THIGHS WEREN'T RUBBING TOGETHER.

I couldn't believe it! I was ecstatic. I don't remember my thighs ever not rubbing together. I drove home with a smile on my face, basking in the joy of my newfound realization. I may not have seen a ton of changes in the scale recently, but I am so happy to have noticed this one tiny change in my body. I still have crazy thunder thighs and will probably never be comfortable wearing shorts that don't cover most of my thighs, but at least I don't have to worry about that pesky chafing!

I had Stephen take an updated picture of me in front of our house to celebrate this momentous occasion (pardon my hair-it was a lazy hair day):



And for comparison's sake, here's a picture of me taken on March 30, 2008, roughly 2 months into my weight loss journey:



What little thing can you celebrate today?

12 comments:

  1. that is a huge thing! I look forward to that time...at this point the thigh area is always the part of my jeans that rubs through first :( You look so pretty in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin - I've been following your blog and journey and you look GREAT! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! :) Love your recent photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, and that is such a BIG accomplishment, not little!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look Amazing!! and i love that outfit, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Nice comparison Pics!

    I think that is a pretty cool NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to celebrate you today! Congratulations Erin - you look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous. You need to wear more skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've started doing those sparkpeople workouts on youtube (AMAZING!!!) and i was wondering if you have any youtube workouts you'd particularly recommend (or if you use youtube workouts at all?). the sparkpeople ones are pretty great, i was just wondering if there's any other good ones out there i should try out too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone, for all the sweet comments!

    Renee, have you head of Exercise TV? They have TONS of free workouts! Here's a link to all their full-length videos: http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAAAAAAAACK! You are A MAZE ING!!!! I can't believe it Erin!!! You're such an inspiration! I wear SHORTS under my skirts for that very reason! Not for long! :) Congrats Erin. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

I am honored that you took the time to stop by my blog. I read and appreciate all comments, so tell me what you think!